Practical Anatomy: Viscera|
- None Scheduled.
Contact Jim Donak for more information.
Prerequisites: Practical Anatomy: Introduction or equivalent
This class diverges from the other regional classes in that it does not follow Andrew Biel's Trail Guide to the Body. As a substitute Netter's Atlas of Anatomy or equivalent is highly recommended in order to reference structures covered in the class. This class in the series follows the pattern of lecture, practice, and review as it covers the topics of bony landmarks, connective tissue, visceral, and neurovascular structures.
Please be advised that these classes involve disrobing and minimal draping to allow direct contact with your skin. This direct contact greatly enhances the palpation of structures and is needed for the drawing of these structures. In order to accommodate these goals, be prepared for disrobing or wear clothing that will allow easy access to your skin. Good hygiene is a must.
Lectures use reference texts Atlas of Human Anatomy, by Frank Netter or equivalent, visual media (Acland's DVD Atlas of Human Anatomy, by Robert D. Acland) and demonstration of practice.
Practice involves visualizing, locating, palpating, and drawing (with washable markers) structures on co-students.
Review involves visual media (Acland's DVD Atlas of Human Anatomy, by Robert D. Acland) and verbal discussion.
Length: 15 hours
Cost: Contact the hosting organization
Enrollment: Contact the hosting organization
Additional Resource Materials used:
- Required- None
- Recommended- The Atlas of Human Anatomy (3rd Ed); Netter, Frank H. or equivalent
Teaching Methods: Lecture, Visual Media, Practice, Discussion
- Skeletal Models
- Washable Markers, Co-students
- To deepen one's understanding of the anatomy of the cavities and spaces
- To deepen the understanding of the anatomy and movement of the viscera and related membranes
- Overview of the Cavities, Spaces, Membranes and Viscera
- Study and Exploration of the Anatomical Landmarks of the Thoracic and Abdominopelvic Region
- Study and Exploration of Connective tissue structures of the Internal Thoracic and Abdominopelvic Cavity
- Study and Exploration of Thoracic and Abdominopelvic Viscera
- Study and Exploration of Topographical Projections of the Thoracic and Abdominopelvic contents
- Study and Exploration of the main vascular structures of the Cavities and Viscera
- Study and Exploration of nerves of the Cavities and Viscera