Tui Na: Sports Applications|
- None scheduled.
Contact Jim Donak for more information.
This hands-on class presents an overview of the needs of an athlete. Topics covered: Pre and post-event massage, tailoring Tui Na sessions to the needs of specific sports, injury management techniques.
Prerequisites: Tui Na: Foundations
(more info at the Acupressure Institute website)
Length: 15 hours
Cost: Contact the hosting organization
Enrollment: Contact the hosting organization
- Recommended- Close To The Bone- Treatment of Musculoskeletal Disorders: Legge, David
Additional Resource Materials used:
Teaching Methods: Lecture, Practice, Discussion
- To study how to adapt Tui Na session to sporting event settings
- To learn how to apply Tui Na techniques to sports related needs such as injury prevention, performance enhancement, and recovery
- Overview of the benefits and goals of sports Tui Na
- Review of Tui Na techniques
- Study of practice of tailoring Tui Na sessions to event settings
- Study and practice of tailoring Tui Na sessions to training and conditioning goals including working with injuries
- Study of types of injuries and their characteristics
- Study and practice of injury assessment and care